Terroir Showdown: Battle of the Pinot Noirs
A comparative educational wine & food experience
The process of turning pinot noir grapes into wine can be challenging and no two regions around the world do it quite the same. The result is often called "sex in a glass," so get ready for an evening of sensory excitement in a comparative tasting like no other!
You will learn what distinguishes the various Pinot growing regions around the world, how the wine styles and traditions differ, and what makes each distinct from the other. The most "feminine" of red wines is about sophistication, elegance, subtlety, and balance. Join us for a BIG flight of Pinot spanning the globe, each offering its own beguiling whispers of seduction, paired with a complementary dishes like Pan Seared Salmon over Wilted Kale and Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin.
Sit back and relax as your sommelier instructor sets the stage for an unforgettable, educational wine and cuisine experience. Our wine classes provide a unique context for the enjoyment of wine appropriate for every level of interest and expertise. Taste wine as it was meant to be enjoyed, paired to perfection with regional recipes.
Throughout the evening, you will learn about the history, culture and language of wine through visual presentations, commentary and anecdotes from our personal experiences. And best of all, you’ll leave us with greater confidence, passion and understanding of the grapes so you can ultimately experience the pleasure of wine.
Class will include:
- 8 Pinot Noir wines from all over the world -- new world, old world, classic styles, and modern style
- Chef's choice of appetizers
- Chef's choice of complementary tastes paired with the wines
- Learn about the challenges of growing Pinot Noir, and making it into a wine
- Learn key descriptors for Pinot within certain styles
- Learn why it is the "wine for all seasons" and the "go to wine" for entertaining with friends, as well as the wine of choice for many Sommeliers