Wine & Spirit Education Trust: Award in Wines Level III, ONLINE STUDY
Presented by WSET Certified Educators
Through a supported and interactive Online Classroom, the Level 3 Award in Wines online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course while allowing you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
This course follows a 9-week study program including live webinars and instructor support with set start and finish dates along with a review session, including blind tasting practice, and a three hour examination which must be completed in person at Atlanta Wine School.
Each week consists of a series of instructor-guided online activities and group discussions. A timed feedback test is provided at the end of each week for students to practice for the exam and assess their understanding of that week’s topics. Group tasting activities are also provided to familiarize students with the Systematic Approach to Tasting at Intermediate level.
Requirements and Terms:
Earn A Credential In Wine:
- WSET advanced certificate
- Lapel pin
- Ability to use the associated WSET certified logo
- High level training in the broad range of wine styles and the knowledge to help you in sales, hospitality and wholesale areas of the industry
- Tutored blind tasting experiences using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Ability to describe the characteristics of the principal wines of the world and provide information on the key factors influencing style, quality and value
- Ability to make appropriate wine recommendations to management, answer customer questions and make informed selections of wine and spirits in a variety of situations
- Ability to move on to the Level 4 Diploma
Is This Program Right for YOU:
This course is mainly designed to equip those employed around the world in the wine industry with the authority and confidence to make informed decisions in a wide variety of trade situations. For those in a supervisory capacity, or those wishing to advance to such a position, the course provides the skills to advise management or customers on wine selections. Additionally, this course is also ideal for wine collectors or wine enthusiasts who wish to gain a better knowledge of wine and to recognize various wines around the world and the ability to access their quality and the price being asked for such wines.
Holding the WSET Level 2 certification or equivalent experience is strongly recommended.
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- The key characteristics of the principal:
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to make authoritative recommendations
- How to taste wines and evaluate quality, identity and price, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- A Tasting Tutorial (this is not online and is to be attended in person)
- Online tastings on 12 general styles of wines (students to provide their own samples)
The exam must be taken in person at the Atlanta Wine School. The examination takes three hours and includes multiple-choice questions, short answer questions, and a blind tasting of two wines. See below for upcoming review and exam dates.
The cost for this program includes:
- Level III study guide*
- Level III workbook*
- Suggested tasting samples
- Online program
- Review session including practice exam and practice blind tasting
- Examination fee
- Certificate and pin upon successful completion*
*Shipping fees not included
NOTE: We are unable to make exceptions for course registration deadlines. Registration closes 12 days before each course start date.
The class will be conducted online with the exception of the tasting and the exam which will be held at the Atlanta Wine School located at:
4478 Chamblee Dunwoody Road
Dunwoody, GA 30338