Fundamentals of Wine: Italy!
An educational wine & food experience
Ahh the Tuscan Life!
40% hills, 40% mountains. Surrounded by 4 seas, and separated from the European continent via the Alps. One can stand on the southern-most tip of the country and see North Africa.
This is Italy (Enotria--the land of wine).
The world's longest continuing wine production region is also its largest producer. "In Italy, making wine--like eating or breathing--is so utterly natural it almost seems instinctive", says author Karen MacNeil.
Sit back and relax as your sommelier instructor sets the stage for an unforgettable, educational wine and cuisine experience. Our wine classes provide a unique context for the enjoyment of wine appropriate for every level of interest and expertise. Taste wine as it was meant to be enjoyed, paired to perfection with regional recipes.
Throughout the evening, you will learn about the history, culture and language of wine through visual presentations, commentary and anecdotes from our personal experiences. And best of all, you’ll leave us with greater confidence, passion and understanding of the grapes so you can ultimately experience the pleasure of wine.
Class will include:
- A primer on Italian pronunciation, ie how do you say Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi?
- An overview on the 20 regions of Italy, with emphasis on the top 3 wine regions
- History of Italian production through current day
- Visual presentation and pictures of regions
- Six - Eight (6-8) wines for tasting
- All AWS courses include Chef's choice of appetizers